Aimless But True Ramblings

These are the aimless, but true ramblings in this person's "so-called life."

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Thoughts that cross my mind while on the bus and subway every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday:

How much I wish I was back in high school. Not for all the petty bullshit, but at least for the cameraderie. Sure it lasted four short years, but at least back then I knew I had friends...and if not friends, then social connections. Something which I have very few of lately. I guess that happens as you grow older though. You lose the need to have millions of friends. But I'm lonely, and as much as I love my family, and Dusty, and T, I still miss those days of hanging out backstage at stage crew, and in the band room just talking about anything, everything, and nothing.

Not only do I miss the lack of social connection, but I also miss my drive, and my energy to complete the goals I make for myself. Maybe its because I'm not as involved with music as I was, but I am completely lost. I feel like I have no inspiration, and no motivation to do anything. When I was in sophomore to senior year of high school, I was a do-gooder. I volunteered, I went to Arizona to teach Bible school, and I went to Appalachia. Now, I ignore homeless people who pass me on the street.

Whatever, who cares. I'm just being silly, I guess.