Aimless But True Ramblings

These are the aimless, but true ramblings in this person's "so-called life."

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

This blog is brought to you by Remy Zero's Fair.

Hey, are you lonely?
Has summer gone so slowly?
We found the ground
And that damage was done
It's cold as you fade into the sun
Where'd you go?
To me......

Betrayal. Betrayal of trust, betrayal of friendship, betrayal of love--it is all the same. Why is it that when it happens to you, it hits you hard, brings you down, and you are never the same? It is such a turning point in everyone's life when betrayal rears her ugly head....and everyone goes through it. I mean, animals betray each other in the wild, for food or sex, what is it in the human brain that makes betrayal fuck with your emotions?

When I was sure you'd follow through
My world was turned to blue so thin
When you'd hide your songs would die
So I'd hide yours with mine
And all my words were bound to fail....

I guess its for the fact alone that we have emotions. We can feel the pain of being betrayed, and we can empathize with those who go through it. In my opinion, it is the most prominent form of pathos that exists in this world.

So what if you catch me,
Where would we land?
In somebody's life
For taking his hands
Sing to me hope as she's
Thrown on the sand
All of our work
Is rated again

It should be "sing to us hope." We've all been thrown on the sand.

3 Notes:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

betrayal sucks, that is why i don't plan on betraying anyone of those who are close to me

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never felt so shattered until I experienced the ultimate betrayal. you're right, there is no going back or retrieving what is lost. A huge part of me was stolen away and what I'm left with is emptiness. There is nothing like it...
stay strong!
love ya,
juls

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was just having a conversation about this tonight with a friend of mine. i hope you feel better...
-ashley

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home