Aimless But True Ramblings

These are the aimless, but true ramblings in this person's "so-called life."

Saturday, October 09, 2004

Basically, I just need to say that Damien Rice's "O" is probably the best album I have heard in a very long time. Its probably up there on my all time greatest list. It doesn't hurt that he's from Irleland either. :P

So today I'm baby-sitting. I haven't baby-sat in two months, so we shall see what adventure is in store for me. Its interesting going from dealing with people in college for two months straight, and then dealing with a two year old for the night. Sometimes I really don't think there is a difference.

Tomorrow I'm supposed to go out with Tarah to Franklin Mills to talk over Gloria Jean's coffee, and walk around and buy things with my "Bed Bath and Beyond" card and her credit card. There will definitely be a "good time had by all." Haven't used that line in awhile. Every now and then I bring it back out to spice things up a bit.

I've been thinking a lot about the "me I used to be." A year ago, I was a much different person, and a very unhappy one at that. Now, I am extremely happy and thankful that I've finally gotten over my "teenage angsty" years. Kids like that annoy me now, and its probably because I recognize that I was once like that. Another reason is that I have reason to be happy.

You make me happy.

So basically, I've come a long way in a year. I've learned how to live on my own and support myself. I've learned that people aren't always what they seem to be, and to be extremely cautious in choosing people to be my friends and confidants. I've become more outgoing, and I refuse to let people walk over me as they have in the past. No one can walk over me unless I allow them to, and I won't do that again because all it did was place me in the position I was a year ago. I won't ever go back, and this is my solemn promise to you, dear reader.

However, why does it scare me sometimes that I exhibit the same traits that he had? Is it a defense mechanism? Possibly. Maybe I'm just scared as hell.

1 Notes:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the fact that i have to be scary and anonymously post comments to you is weird, but i will overlook that just because you used the phrase "a good time had by all". there are some things that never fail to make me laugh. i miss you like whoa. we must fix this.

love,
erica

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home