Aimless But True Ramblings

These are the aimless, but true ramblings in this person's "so-called life."

Sunday, May 02, 2004

I walked the streets of Philadelphia last night. Mothers with beautiful brown babies taking advantage of the warm night passed me with coaches and toddlers hanging on to the sides. People in convertibles and fast cars drove by fast, gunning their engines, forcing the noise pollution levels to go through the roof. Homeless people walked by bumming for change, and the street revivalists asked me to, "Accept Jesus into my heart." It was a wonderful night, and I thought to myself as I drank it all in, "I wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the world than Philadelphia. It's my home."

I am a city girl. I've often been told how much of a city girl I am. Gunshots don't faze me, and I don't skip a beat when homeless people who are forceful in asking for change accost me in the streets. I walk fast and everywhere I go, I want to get there fast. I would never be able to survive anyplace other than a city, with the exception of Arizona. I love Arizona so I guess I could survive in a desert. Hmm deserts and cities. There's a dichotomy if I ever saw one.