Aimless But True Ramblings

These are the aimless, but true ramblings in this person's "so-called life."

Friday, April 30, 2004

I had a pretty awful morning that actually turned out for the better. I woke up and took a shower at 8 a.m. and while I was in the shower, I picked up my glasses to clean them and they broke. Luckily, it was just the screw on the side, but I freaked out because I had work at nine. However, I calmed myself down, walked to Rite Aid blind as a bat without my glasses, and picked up an eyeglass repair kit. I fixed them, and I am proud that I solved my own problem without having a nervous breakdown. The moral of the story is that I should always live near a Rite Aid.

Its odd being at the point where I am in my life. I lived here in the dorm all year, and now I have to move back home and live there for 7 days a week rather than the two on weekends. I just got off the phone with my mom, and its like my house is not my home anymore. My sister took over my bedroom, so now I just have a bed and a dresser in there and that is it. My mom informed me that I have to put all my stuff from my dorm room in the garage because there is no room for it at home. At this point, I think I should have sublet an apartment for the summer, and moved my stuff there until I can move into my apartment for next year. Is this part of growing up? And if it is, when will I finally have a home that I can call my own, and where I don't have to leave my things in the garage?

Another thing that's pretty tough right now is leaving the family I found on the 8th floor of Johnson. We had so much fun this year, and we got to be so close, that its so hard to leave everyone. No more barging into rooms at 3 in the morning for emergency study help. No more fashion advice from Tim and Ryan. No more eating Chinese food in the hallway. Most importantly, no more private talks and laughs and tears shared in our bedrooms. Last night, was the greatest. We had our last floor meeting, and tye dyed t-shirts, and as a final good-bye our dorm decided to have a fire alarm. So we sat on the grass and played duck duck goose, and Jesse wrestled Liz, and Liz fought him back, and we just laughed and laughed. Then the girls came back and we watched "Love Actually" together until 1 in the morning. That's another thing...no more movies or Gilmore Girls or Must-See TV. I should stop before I cry.

I love you guys, but next year we will keep in touch, and we will rock out even more.