Aimless But True Ramblings

These are the aimless, but true ramblings in this person's "so-called life."

Friday, March 26, 2004

Today I felt the weirdest thing in my IH class. While Dr. DePaulo was discussing salvation, I just got an overwhelming sense of dread because I knew I was going to die. Now granted, I hope its not anytime soon, but I think I finally realized my mortality. Its such an odd feeling to realize that you only have so many years left to live, and then its all over. I want to believe in heaven and that your soul eventually travels there (or to some other world), however; all this thinking makes me also wonder if it even exists. I'm going to continue to believe in it because I think it gives me hope, but it also instills a fear in me that maybe someday I won't make it there because I wasn't good enough.

I just feel very odd right now. But as Tarah reminded me, as I used to say, "In the course of a lifetime, what does it matter?" In the course of my lifetime, will any of it matter?