Aimless But True Ramblings

These are the aimless, but true ramblings in this person's "so-called life."

Friday, December 19, 2003

Gotta love parents. As I made my way to the cafeteria to finish off whatever leftover slop they had, I overheard a mother talking to her 18 year old freshman daughter. Even though this daughter had been in college for a semester, living on her own without mom and dad, her mom still had the nerve to say to her, "Honey, do you want to make a pit stop? There's no telling how long it's going to take before we see the next toilet." Now, that's not so bad. What was bad about it was after her daughter told her she didn't have to go, her mom still cajoled her and asked her to try. Oh my God. I was just like, "Listen, lady, I think your 18 year old daughter knows if she has to go to the bathroom or not." Now, I know I am not one to talk about overbearing parents, however, my parents have at least lightened up some since I got to college. Ok, lightened up a lot.

It's moving day today. I moved my stuff Tuesday, but I will take the last of it with me on the train today. Finals are over, and the semester is done. Thank God. Honestly, I don't think I will ever see another semester as horrible as this one. This was the worst. The next one will be better, I promise.