Aimless But True Ramblings

These are the aimless, but true ramblings in this person's "so-called life."

Friday, November 07, 2003

As I walked to class today, I noticed the wet leaves on the ground. Their shapes and colors brought me back in time to when I was in grade school, and my best friend and I made huge piles of leaves in her backyard. We jumped into them off her hill, buried ourselves within their stems, and lived in our own little world. The nostalgia came rushing over me as this memory passed through my mind. Flash forward ten years later to last fall when I was baby-sitting. The boys were in their yard making leaf piles and jumping in them. I came outside to see what all the noise was, and I told them to stop because I was afraid they were going to hurt themselves, get bitten by a bug, and/or trigger their allergies. I stopped in the middle of correcting them, and thought to myself, "My God, when did I turn into my mother? When did I start worrying about all these trivial things, and stop allowing myself and other people to have fun?" I told myself that I wouldn't do that anymore. So, I told the boys, "Never mind what I just said," helped them make a pile of leaves and jumped in one myself.

I don't know what the point of this story is. I think its just to tell you all to make a pile of leaves today, and jump in them.