Aimless But True Ramblings

These are the aimless, but true ramblings in this person's "so-called life."

Friday, May 16, 2003

Well last night was interesting to say the least. I went to an honors convocation at the cathedral for the top 2% of every high school in the archdiocese. Let me tell you, there were so many better things I could have been doing with my time. We sat and had an hour long mass because the Cardinal talks forever, and then we had to sit through the receiving of certificates and a half hour speech by this lady. She was very redundant, and her speech was littered with cliche's. A half an hour of that is pure torture. Luckily, our sense of humor couldn't get by us, as Monica, Tarah, Noreen, and I all sang the church songs at the top of our lungs as much off key as we could possibly get. A fun time was had by all.

Today I have off for senior retreat day because I have gone on enough retreats in my four years at my school. I was waived the retreat this year so I have a free day off. Its not much of a day off as I have to get ready for my sister's 16th b-day party tonight, and I need to write two papers for religion in order to graduate. Way to go Catholic schools! I leave you with that, today.