Aimless But True Ramblings

These are the aimless, but true ramblings in this person's "so-called life."

Saturday, May 03, 2003

Vanilla Sky has got to be the most thought provoking movie that I have seen in a very long time. It was kind of freaky, and I promised myself I would never watch it because of the whole Tom Cruise/Penelope Cruz stuff that happened during the filming of that movie, but I'm glad I was bored last night, and renounced that promise. Basically, the movie's theme is about treating people with respect, considering the consequences of our actions, and paying attention to the small details in our lives. It sounds very cliche I know, but it is truth. It really made me think about how I never stop to look at the whole picture, and how I never pay attention to the little things in my life. Here are some quotes from the movie that I found inspiring:

"Ah, but how could I enjoy the sweet of life without the bitter?"

"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."

"Most of us live our whole lives, without having an adventure to call our own. What is any life without the pursuit of a dream?"

"It's the little things...there's nothing bigger is there?"

So I've taken a new direction. I'm going to start paying attention, and I'm going to open my eyes.