Aimless But True Ramblings

These are the aimless, but true ramblings in this person's "so-called life."

Thursday, May 15, 2003

At the moment, I am in my first period, comtemplating why I chose to write a novel. As a part of project for the last two weeks of AP Eng Lang., I have to research writing techniques, and try and find my own voice in my novel. So far, I blatantly plagiarized the voice of the author of Speak . She did give me inspiration, but I took that inspiration too far in the outright copying of her style of writing. According to the advice of my new best friends (the kind writers at writingfix.com), I made one of the most common beginner's sins. I need to forgive myself, and move on. So, "Bless me father, for I have sinned..." Ok, I'm over it. Now, I have to start from scratch with my idea, and find a new direction.